Friday, June 23, 2006

This Weekend's DVD Pick






Yes, I'm sure you've noticed that I deleted my blog archive AGAIN, and that I'm back earlier than expected, but I figured that since it's World Cup time, it's a perfect time to tell you about a nice little football(not soccer!) film "Green Street Hooligans".(aka "Hooligans") Elijah Wood stars as a wrongly expelled Harvard student who decides to visit his sister, married and living in the East End of London. Wood eventually finds himself involved with a "firm", a nice word for an English football gang, and that's when things get interesting. If you want a taste of the fervor and fanaticism of English football, break out the Bass Ale, munch out on some toad in the hole and enjoy this entertaining but extremely violent flick.

And speaking of The World Cup: Yes, the USA was robbed in the Italy game and yes, that was a horrible penalty kick call against Ghana but let's face it, the team was not prepared and blew their chances against the Czechs. I'm still picking the Germans to win but my heart's with Sweden for now. Skol baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment